Sunday, July 14, 2013

Christmas in July on eBay- It is Real!



I always thought Christmas in July was just a marketing ploy by retailers to get rid of holiday merchandise in the slow summer months. But, people all over the world really do throw Christmas in July parties with all the trimmings. My daughter and I have sold 2 Christmas related items on eBay this month:



Scooby Doo winter scrub top - Goodwill $3


Yankee Candle topper - Garage sale $1

We sold one Christmas craft item on Amazon:

  
Jingle Bear Latch Hook Kit - 82 cents at Goodwill, sold for $25

This is why everything you have for sale should be listed as soon as possible and left up for sale all year long. People can't buy what isn't listed! Holiday themed items can sell at any time, not just during the time that retailers are pushing decorations and accessories for a particular holiday.  (See the post, "If you have it, list it!") The average person isn't thinking about Christmas items selling in the middle of the summer. Here is a screenshot of eBay SOLD listings (not completed, but listings that actually sold) with the keyword Christmas in the title:





And a screenshot of sold listings with the keyword Santa Claus in the title:


Have you sold any Christmas items this month? If so, show them off in the comments section below this post. (And give yourself a shameless plug at the same time!)

Related Articles:





 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I sold this set of 8 Christmas ornaments to a customer in Australia this past week despite the poor quality of my pictures (this is an old listing from last year, and I have improved my photos considerably since then). http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=251288729505

Mmtinga said...

I bought this at a garage sale for $1 thinking my grown daughter might like to add it to her collection. I was wrong. Sold it for $25 on my birthday in May. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=161310580343

Christina said...

I sold these ornaments recently. They were in awesome shape. They've been listed since September or October of last year I think. They were one of my first thrift store purchases. All Christmas items were 50% off so I know I spent maybe .50 on these. Item number 331069190524. I can't get my phone to copy / paste right.

Michelle Sellick said...

I sold these two light up Christmas tree window panels to the United Kingdom

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=231216492694

I also sold three Christmas Ziggies this week.

Unknown said...

I hadn't even thought about it honestly, but I actually sold two Christmas items in May! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=131185228408
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=131190247187
Amazingly, I didn't even mention Santa Hat or Christmas on the last one!

Yolanda said...

I wouldn't have known about Christmas selling all year long if it weren't for me sending in some Christmas needlepoint kits into Amazon a few weeks ago.

I sold two of these kits last week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BENKCY

...I paid $2 total for the both of them at a parking lot sale. The profit was over $50. :)