Today's post is contributed by one of my clients, Pam, who has special knowledge of Hallmark collectible Christmas ornaments.
For Hallmark ornament collectors like myself, Christmas starts in July during Hallmark's Ornament Premier Event (it was July 10-12). This year, Hallmark had 4 different designs of "Register to Win" ornaments. They could not be purchased; the only way to get one is if they drew your name. I was lucky enough to win one and it just sold on eBay for $140! If you search "Register to Win" you will see that they are selling very well.
There are many other Hallmark collectible Christmas ornaments that are big sellers and I thought you might want to clue in your readers in case they're unaware of what they might have stored away in their Christmas decorations! Off the top of my head, here are a few of the good sellers:
1) Beauty of Birds series - if you have the 1st one in this series, it is going for $200+
2) Hallmark ornaments sold only at the San Diego Comic Con Convention (SDCC)- especially the Star Wars ornaments.
3) Not exactly sure of what specific ornaments, but anything Star Wars, Star Trek, Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind - if you have any of these, it's worth looking into on eBay. (And Terapeak!)
4) 2004 Christmas Cookies ornament (it looks like a stove) - very hard to find, even on eBay (and it's one I want!) - goes for $80 on the low end - $150 on the high end.
5) 2009 Seasons Treatings (a small cookie sheet with cookies on it and 1st in the series) - selling at around $80+
6) Frosty Friends series - this series has been ongoing since the early 1980's. If you have the first in this series - you probably want to sell it!
7) Hallmark collectible Christmas ornaments - "repaints", "limited quantity", "special edition".
8) Hallmark also sells recordable books. Last year, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" sold out very quickly and was selling on eBay for around $60.
Just a few ideas! Unfortunately, I tend to hang onto my ornaments, much to my hubby's dismay! I have some of the "hot" ones but can't bear to part with them!One more thing... Hallmark ornament collectors are very picky about the ornament box as well. No rips, tears, creases, etc. and do not remove the price tab! :)
Those are just a few off the top of my head; I'm sure there are many more!
Thanks, Pam, this is great information. If you have a guest post you would like to share, send it to me at ebaycoach @ yahoo for consideration.