Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Here is What I Love About eBay






This is the kind of thing that keeps me selling on eBay for over a decade. After work one day in late August, I dropped by a thrift store who happened to be having a 50% off clothing sale. Of course I spent 2 1/2 hours in there stocking up for eBay. Now, not many people (other than resellers) are going to buy a wool coat in August in Georgia. I found the coat pictured above - a Banana Republic wool and cashmere full length winter coat - for $6.  It is missing the belt but still a beautiful coat with lots of wear left.

My first thought was, "An international customer will buy this." Just my experience selling high quality items with flaws. They tend to go out of the country.

Sure enough, I received and accepted an offer for $70 last night from a buyer in Japan:


So here is the part I love - I happened upon a nice item that nobody in my market wanted, took some pictures, posted it on eBay, and in less than a month it sold to someone on the other side of the world, 6,800 miles away. And I made $62 doing it.

Here is the completed listing so you can take a look.

eBay, thanks for providing a place for me to do this!

Related Articles:

Atlanta Sellers - Do You Have Too Much Unlisted Inventory?

Downsizing Your Life While Growing Your eBay Business  

eBay Sellers - This is Why You Want to Sell on Consignment



No comments: