Friday, June 20, 2014

25 Cent Coffee Mug Sells for $104 on eBay

 

I'll admit, I don't have the mug selling gene. I have tried over the years and mugs are not a niche I can get excited about. But I do get excited when I see other selles share their coffee mug scores. Buddy Huddleston, a member of my Facebook group posted this sale on our Money Making Mondays thread back in May.


He bought the mug for 25 cents at a thrift store because, "I knew it had some value based on the manufacturer, year, and character." It is a Fire King mug, and these are easily identified by the milky white glass material they are made of. The mug sold for $104.49 on auction with a starting price of 99 cents and 21 bids.


Congratulations, Buddy! Nice sale, and thanks for sharing!

See Buddy's listing here.

Do you have a great score to share? Send me an email at suzanne@suzanneawells.com and I'll do my best to post it here on my blog.

Happy Selling!

Related Articles:

The Funniest eBay Fail Ever

eBay Seller Finds $355 Magazine in Home

Vintage Iron Maiden T-Shirt Sells for $812 on eBay





1 comment:

Unknown said...

there were a whole lot of mugs in that series. I picked up Strawberry Shortcake and Huck last year and those are only $15 each.