Monday, April 30, 2012

eBay Seller Success Story - Old Spice Cool Contact Wipes




I recently received this eBay Seller Success Story from Lori McAulliffe of Rocket City Sales:

Greetings Suzanne – As you know my husband, Thomas McAulliffe and I have been an eBay PowerSeller for over 10 years now. I had to share this great sold story with you because it was inspired by you!

I often recall your FeedBlitz and eBay Selling Coach stories of finding no longer manufactured products and reselling for a nice profit. Through you I have learned there are people out there who still want to use these items and will pay for it.

My story started when I was spring cleaning inside my home and ran across several unopened boxes of Old Spice Cool Contact Wipes. I purchased these boxes several years ago on clearance at Target during my Extreme Coupon Queen days. Believe I paid $1 or less per box. My husband used them for a while, and then discovered they made him break out. So the unused boxes have been sitting in the closet for quite a while. I was almost about to throw them in the trash when all of a sudden it hit me – eBay – better check before I toss.

So as any avid eBay Seller knows the potential advantage of finding such a niche product is to research before you list. After researching closed listings, I found the average selling price to be approx $15-$19; with a sell thru rate at 100%. Oh me oh my – I did a happy dance. Needless to say I saved them from the trash and listed them on eBay. Here is a completed listing:






One of the buyers was soooo excited about their purchase, this is the feedback they left (click to enlarge):




So far we have sold 3 of the 6 boxes at $19.99 each. Now if only every item we sold on eBay would be this profitable!

Thanks Suzanne for being a great source of inspiration,
Lori McAulliffe

Do you have a great sale or an interesting eBay item to share? Send your find to eBaycoach@yahoo.com for consideration.


Related posts:

Tom's eBay Success Story

Amazing eBay Story - Sue the Truck Driver

eBay Seller Success Story - Santa Claus Ashtray



No comments: