Monday, March 16, 2009

Selling Dollar Store Items on eBay for Profit


Dollar stores such as Dollar Tree and Dollar General have all kinds of goodies you can sell on eBay for profit. Here is how to use dollar stores to find your eBay inventory.

Find a local store that is good about keeping shelves stocked well. Ask the store manager or employees when inventory is stocked and plan your trip around that time. Early birds get the worm at dollar stores. Think about it like a garage sale - the first shoppers get the best selection.

Keep your eyes out for discontinued items. Pay close attention to scents, shades, and sizes that have been discontinued. (Check my hot lists for exact items.)

Consider seasonal items. You may find sun products in the fall. Stock up on the good brand names (Aveeno, Neutrogena) and hold until spring. Check expiration dates.

Look for higher end cosmetics like L'Oreal, Neutrogena, Revlon, etc. Cosmetics are great to sell in a batch or log.

Soap. I've listed several soaps on my Hot Lists that have been found in dollar stores. Manufacturers are constantly changing the packaging, discontinuing scents, and changing formulas. Do your homework and stay informed of discontinued soaps and check dollar stores.

Books are good sellers. Bestsellers in both paperback and hardback show up in dollar stores. Consider selling these in a lot - such as several different books by the same author, or several books in the same category (romance, thriller, mystery, etc.)

Happy Selling,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been able to sell many items from my local Dollar store. I guess I am lucky, the Dollar store we have is one of the largest on the East Cost.

Anonymous said...

Excellent idea! I have not sold anything at the Dollar Store but will be sure to spend some time looking for items to sell.
Thanks!
Donna
http://frugaldonna.blogspot.co

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I have looked for ebay selling tips for years....I haven't come across even NEAR the great advice of this blog! Thanks

Mercury said...

I agree with Hope. This blog is excellent.

Unknown said...

Wow! The previous posters are overwhelmingly correct! I feel a life changing experience right here in your blog, Suzanne!