Saturday, January 20, 2018

How to Make $100 an Hour on eBay Selling Thrift Store Items


You REALLY can make $100 selling thrift store items on eBay, IF you learn to pick the right things.

For example, I recently spent 3 hours in a Goodwill store, and found 22 items that cost me $94. Based on my research of eBay sold items (comps), I will make a profit of just shy of $600 once these items sell. Here is the math:


Cost = what I paid, some were full price, some were half price.

Fees = I used an easy 15% for fees, since eBay fees are 10%, Paypal fees are 3%, and I added a little wiggle room.

Shipping = I do calculated shipping, so the shipping is always a wash, and paid for by the buyer.

I estimate another 3 hours to photograph and list these items. So the math is:

$619 profit / 6 hours of work = $103 hourly rate. 

*Does not include drive time to the thrift store, which was 15 minutes each way, or shipping, which should be no more than 3 minutes per item.

To see all the items in this thrift store haul, check out the video here.




No comments: