Saturday, May 8, 2010

eBay Research Tip - How to Examine Sell Through Rates

When researching a product to sell on eBay, one factor you should always look at is the sell through rate, or STR. This is also called the listing success rate, or LSR. This information can only be found on a research tool such as Terapeak - it is not available in the completed listings search.

I recently found some Wii Fit Balance Board mats at Tuesday morning marked down to $9.99. Here is how I made my decision of whether or not to buy them to resell on eBay.



If you are not using a research tool, click here to try Terapeak. $24.95 a month might seem like a lot to pay for an eBay tool, but based on the time and money you will save using it, the investment is really very small over the long run.

Are you looking for someone to guide you along in your eBay business and help you reach the next level? If so, contact me at eBaycoach@yahoo.com to discuss personal coaching.

Happy Selling!



Research your competition



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Cotie said...

Suzanne, what do you look for in a sell thru rate? I couldn't get by without Terapeak myself. I usually look for over 50%