Friday, March 12, 2010

Have You Received this Error Message Yet?

Here is another thing eBay sellers can't do anymore. You are not allowed to talk about penalties buyers may receive if they do not follow eBay's guidelines. For example, my listings used to say, "Buyers who do not pay will receive unpaid item strikes." This is still true, I just can't say it anymore. I got this error message on a recent listing because I forgot to delete the verbiage:



You can read the eBay Selling Best Practices page for a complete list of what you are and are not allowed to state in your listings.

Rest assured, I am still going to file those unpaid item strikes!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Yes, I got those warnings too. Luckily SSB has fixed it so now you can amend all of your existing listings all at once. makes it so much easier than going through them one by one.

Michele said...

Wow Suzanne! I didn't know about this! Thank you for sharing and for the heads up. I'm not surprised really, I've seen some sellers that have really gotten carried away with what they put in their listing as far as non paying bidders (or even the 5 star DSR Ratings...)

Thanks again for the info ~ and all that you do! Michele