Tuesday, February 2, 2010

eBay Seller Success Story - Collectible Viking Ship

Suzanne C. sent in her success story:

"I have sold things on ebay for years, but never bought things just for the purpose of selling. I appreciate that you give us great tips and don't act like it's a big secret and want money. Here is my SUPER story: about four years ago, my great-uncle passed away, and my mom gave me several of his little knick-knacks that he had collected. One was a tiny little Viking ship that looked like a bowl. I researched it and found out it was a salt dish. I looked on eBay but it didn't seem like things like this were selling very well, and partly because mine was missing the accompanying spoon, I put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Just the other day, here about 4 years later, I looked again on eBay, and thought well maybe I would get $20 for it. Long story short it sold for $72.00. Wow! Thanks Uncle Don!!" Here is Suzanne's listing:



Suzanne's cost: $0
Selling price: $72
Profit before fees: $72

For more items like this, check out my free huge list of thrift store items to sell on eBay. And send in your success stories!

Happy Selling!


Want to know about more thrift store finds to sell on eBay? Check out Thrift Store Goldmines, which contains 61 pages of items just like this. You may already have some of these huge money makers in your house, and not even know they are valuable!

1 comment:

Paula said...

That is really cool!