Thursday, June 18, 2009

eBay Seller Success Story: Vintage Royal Typewriter



I received this email from Kathy:

"I'm excited to share with you my great find/sale. A few weeks ago I spotted a vintage Royal typewriter with a nice case for $2 at a garage sale. I listed it at BIN $125.00 OBO and today sold it for $80.00! The buyer wants it for his daughter's 17th birthday and said he'd pay immediately if I shipped it just as soon.....which of course I did."

Here is her listing:

Vintage Royal Typewriter with Case BEAUTIFUL!


Kathy's Price: $2
Selling Price on eBay: $80
Profit Before Fees: $78

Also be on the lookout for typewriter ribbons - specifically Smith Corona Typewriter Ribbons.



Click here to see a listing for a pack of Smith Corona typewriter ribbons that sold for $45. (Sold on Best Offer for $45, asking price was $49.99.)

Thanks for sharing, Kathy. Do you have a unique, interesting, or fun thrift store or garage sale find you would like to share? Email the info to me at ebaycoach@yahoo.com and I will post it here. We can all make more money if we share our information!

Related Articles:

Thrift Store Item to Sell on eBay - Vintage Rotary Phones


Vintage Electric Hot Rollers


Thrift Store Items to Sell on eBay - Huge List

Happy Selling!


2 comments:

Paula said...

That really is a beautiful typewriter! Great find.

Donna said...

Putting a 'wanted' ad on Craigslist has nabbed me a few of the phones mentioned in this blog, however I did not put them on eBay cause my mum wanted them. My mum goes to estate sales and there are some vintage goodies there! Estate sales are great for getting vintage items. Alot of times the families just want to get grandmas stuff sold and are in too much grief to go through all of it for eBay....