Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thrift Store Item to Sell on eBay - Gymnastics Leotards


Gymnastics is an expensive sport. The training is expensive, the meets and traveling are expensive, and the leotards are expensive. (I competed for years and was planning to go to college on a scholarship until I ruined my knees - so I know how expensive it was 25 years ago!) Many times, gently used leotards are outgrown before they have time to wear out.

Frugal moms often buy gently used leotards for their girls to wear to gymnastic practice, or even for competition. Good brands to look for include Shawn Johnson, GK Elite, Adidas, Alpha Factor, and Gym-Kin. You will get the most for the hologram, velour, foil, and sequined fabrics. Be sure to put the key words hologram, foil, and velour in your title if that is what you are selling.

Here are some recent completed listings:


GK gymnastics leotard! AS..competition or workout


Gymnastics Leotard- Child Large - Red and White


Gymnastics Competition Leotard sz 10-12


See all completed listings here.

I have been earning my living selling used clothing and thrift store finds on eBay since 2003 and have sold over 16,00 items - and these gymnastics leotards do well. Look for them in the swimsuit sections of thrift stores (children's and womens areas). Sometimes they are also mixed in with the Halloween costumes.

Click here for my free list of thrift store items to sell on eBay.

Happy Selling!

2 comments:

Ruthie Denise said...

This is a good tip. Thank you. I will keep an eye for these outfits.

Jessica said...

My sister-in-law's neighbor always sends bags of hand-me-down clothes to me when SIL comes to visit. She just brought me a huge bag yesterday and there were 3 leotards in there, all in nice condition! I remembered reading this post, so I immediately listed 2 of them - a Danskin and a GK Elite! I'm anxious to see how they do. I've gotten 3 watchers in just a few hours, so we'll see. Thanks for the tip!