Friday, October 17, 2014

eBay Seller Finds Diamond Ring in Dumpster


"Seek and ye shall find" is the mantra of many eBay sellers. We look for things to sell everywhere. Even in the trash.

On the weekly Monday Making Mondays post in my Facebook Group, Joc Mosely posted her sale - a .5 carat diamond engagement ring sold for $261. She found it in a dumpster. Joc says she regularly dumpster dives looking for treasures to sell on eBay. Here is her story:

"I dumpster dive (and proudly) and I went into a thrift store dumpster and found a box of high end beauty products. My boyfriend wanted me to leave it behind but I took it anyways. So later on that night he is on an eBay sellers group and I am going through the box. He tells me to look at a post where it shows a lady found a diamond in a high end coat. At that moment I said 'If I ever find a diamond I'll puke.' Literally a few seconds later I was at the end of the box and found the ring. I said ummmmm Babe, is this REAL? I got it tested and that was that."

 See Joc's listing here.

So don't be too proud to look in the trash for valuables. (Just make sure you have permission and aren't trespassing.) 

Related Articles:

Don't Throw That Trash Away - Sell it on eBay

Recycled Cashmere an Eco-Friendly Idea

Money Making Mondays videos

No comments: