I am offering two types of workshops, one to teach how to buy thrift store items for resale, and one focused on buying new retail goods for sale on Amazon. These workshops are structured as "one-day intensives" with small intimate groups of 3-5 people. I am located in Atlanta where the thrift stores and retail stores are gigantic and abundant. It is a great place to learn if you are located in a smaller city. (Plus we have lots to do here in Atlanta and now you have an excuse for a road trip you can write off for business!) Or, I can travel to your location and help you in your own shopping environment.
Here is a summary of how each workshop is structured:
eBay Sourcing Workshop
The one-day workshop will focus on showing attendees how to purchase profitable items at thrift stores for resale on eBay. Product focus will be clothing, shoes, toys, household goods, sporting goods, kitchen items, craft supplies, and decorative collectibles. The purpose of this workshop is to teach participants how to select profitable items to sell on eBay and concentrates on items that are commonly found in thrift stores and are repeatable. As a full-time eBay seller since 2003 and over 25,000 sales, I have developed my own system for "thrifting for profit." (You can visit my eBay store here.) I will explain:
1. Types of items that sell well on eBay and why.
2. Bestselling brands, styles, and types of clothing.
3. Explanation of bestselling clothing fabrics
4. Items that appeal to international buyers and why.
5. How to examine items before purchasing.
6. Consistent sellers that ship easily
7. Items to avoid that may be problematic to sell.
8. Overlooked niche items.
9. Listing tips, such as benefits of different listing types.
10. How to “work” a thrift store and sections to focus on when shopping time is limited.
11. How to get deeper discounts when shopping at thrift stores.
12. How to handle questions from other shoppers and employees when sourcing.
Workshops will be held in Atlanta or your city ( if enough people are interested). Click here for more details about eBay Workshops. Be sure to fill out the information form. Workshops will begin in the Atlanta area in mid-October.
Amazon FBA Sourcing Workshop
One day workshop will focus on showing attendees how to source retail items for Amazon FBA using various techniques including smart phone apps, understanding retail marketing and positioning, identifying consumer trends, and more. The purpose of this workshop is to teach participants how to select profitable items to sell using Amazon’s FBA system and concentrates on items that are repeatable. I will explain:
1. Basic scouting tips and shortcuts.
2. Types of items that sell well on Amazon FBA and why.
3. Items that appeal to international buyers and why.
4. Items to avoid that may be problematic in the FBA system.
5. Overlooked niche items.
6. How to examine shelf positioning, advertising, and hidden clues that indicate a product may be a good seller on Amazon.
7. How to move away from the herd of Amazon FBA competitors using creative strategies.
8. How to use both free and paid smart phone apps in combination with each other for more thorough and faster sourcing.
9. How to handle questions from other shoppers and employees if purchasing a large amount of inventory.
10. How to secure larger amounts of profitable items using your smart phone.
11. How to identify discontinued items vs items temporarily taken off the market and understand your selling window.
12. How to get deeper discounts on repeatable items.
13. How to scout with poor cell phone service.
Workshops will be held in Atlanta or your city ( if enough people are interested). Click here for more details about Amazon FBA Workshops. Workshops will begin in the Atlanta area in mid-October.
If you have any questions about how the workshops will be structured, or want to schedule one for your city, please send me an email at email@example.com, or message me on Facebook. I look forward to working with you in person!