Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Online Seller Success Story – From Unemployed to Living the Dream


Thanks to Sue Roberts for sending in her success story. She is a shining example of what can be done with this business with hard work, perseverance, and the belief that anything is possible!
“In the spring of 2011, budget cuts at the local school brought my part time job to an end. It was a very scary time for us financially. We needed the income and working outside the school was not an option I was interested in exploring. I had been hobby selling on eBay for about 9 years, so I was familiar with the idea and basics of online sales. I had no idea how FBA worked until I found Suzanne’s Facebook group in the spring of 2011 – coincidentally, the same time I realized my school job was not secure. My husband always tells me things happen for a reason.

I used to be a coupon queen and had amassed quite a stockpile of free brand name items I got by using drug store rewards programs and coupons. I read every post on the SAHM page, started asking questions, and after much research, I decided to send in a box of my free-with-coupon items to Amazon’s FBA program. It was scary committing to that shipping charge when I knew I didn’t have a job to rely on to cover the costs if it didn’t work out, but I figured that I needed to at least try.

Well, those items sold! When I received my last paycheck from the school ($400), we decided that I would invest that money into inventory. I kept careful records and tracked everything. The idea of spending money on inventory was frightening when I knew that I could be paying bills with it. But through my research and all the help from the Facebook group, I knew that I would have success and be able to replace my old income.

My first goals were modest: replace my old income. Then I wanted to double it. In winter 2011, I was offered the opportunity to sub at the school with the possibility of a contract position. I was actually pleased when it didn’t work out. I had felt conflicted, knowing I should try for a “real” job, but I knew I could make money with Amazon FBA. This was the point at which I decided I would stop sending out resumes and really make Amazon work for me.

I’m happy to say I just had my best month to date (July 2012) with a $3115 profit. That’s almost 4 times my old monthly income. And I’m even more excited than ever because I feel like I’ve just begun to realize the possibilities with Amazon FBA. Now it is time to set some new goals and I know that in no time at all I’ll be reaching them.

Here is a screenshot of my gross sales from my first month to my most recent. (Click to view it full-sized.) To some, these numbers are modest. To me, they represent a major accomplishment and a springboard of even more to come.



I want to give Suzanne a heartfelt THANK YOU, because truly, without her, I would not be where I am today.”

Congratulations, Sue! I am so happy for you and you are an example of what others can do.

Do you have an eBay or Amazon success story to share? If so, send it to me at eBaycoach@yahoo.com for consideration. Keep up the great work; you could be the next success story out there!


Related posts:


Amazon FBA Scouting Tips - Things I've Learned Along the Way


What Should I Sell on Amazon, and Where Do I Find It?





-->

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the best kinds of stories!!!