Monday, December 12, 2011

How to Shrink Wrap Products for Online Selling




Charlie, a member of my Facebook group, was kind enough to share his process for shrink wrapping items. Many of you sell health and beauty, food, baby, or other items that require sealing, bundling, or plastic wrap for shipping or storage. This technique is especially useful if you sell on Amazon FBA and bundle items or sell liquid items that could leak. Charlie showed us a way to make our products look really professional and the tools for this process. Here is Charlie’s demo video:





Here are the supplies you will need:

Easyway 16 inch heat sealer

Shrink wrap film

Wagner power heat gun


This sure beats using packaging tape and Saran wrap! What a time saver. I can see this process working for:


  • Health and beauty products

  • Food products sold in bundles

  • Plush toys

  • Toys in open-faced boxes

  • Clothing items (get them small enough to fit in Flat Rate envelopes!)

  • Office supplies

  • Books, DVDs, and CDs

  • Anything you need to re-bundle


  • Thanks, Charlie for this great demo!

    1 comment:

    MsJokers Toybox said...

    Oh brother! I need one of these now for my eBay stuff! LOL I am already searching the net. Thanks for the video.

    On a side note - I bought a gently used book on Amazon. I didnt know that sellers were shrink wrapping their items until I recently read about it on the FB group. I had not even thought about it.

    When I received the book I thought that the seller had sent me a brand new sealed book. I even showed it to my hubby before I opened it. So YES Amazon sellers this does make a huge impact on your customers. For the life of me I could not figure out why the seller listed it as gently used. Now I know! The seller shrink wrapped it before sending it. Nice!