Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Top 5 Snoopy Collectibles to Sell on eBay

Anything featuring the beloved dog Snoopy from Charles Schultz’s Peanuts comic strip is still a popular seller on eBay. The magic is in knowing which items are truly vintage and collectible. Remember, collectibles are about supply and demand. The less there is of something, the more it is worth. Although you will find eBay completed listings for more than the items listed below, this list identifies items you may actually be able to find at thrift stores, garage sales, or estate sales.

Any vintage lunchbox is a good seller, and Snoopy is no exception. Look for the metal lunchboxes. If a thermos is included, even better. Here is one that recently sold for $150.



Another item to look for is Snoopy coin banks. The true vintage coin banks are made out of ceramic and have a removable plug in the bottom. Here is one that recently sold for $167.50.



There are specific Snoopy Fire King mugs that are collector's items and have historically sold for over $250 each on eBay. This information is probably old news for most eBayers. The most popular one is the Snoopy Red Baron coffee mug made by Fire King. The latest one sold here for $95.



Vintage music boxes are another no-brainer, so keep Snoopy and friends in mind. You will get more if the music box actually works, but some sell in non-working condition. Don’t pass one up if you can get it cheaply. Here is one that recently sold for $120.



Character bedding and sheet sets also do well. What is interesting here is that crafters and collectors make other items out of the sheets, using the sheets as fabric or material. If the sheets have holes or are not perfect, that is ok. Be sure to put the words fabric and material in your title. Here is a listing for a set of twin sheets that sold for $113.



Not sure what your vintage items are worth? Use Terapeak to find out. You will be pleasantly surprised to learn what items in your home have value to collectors!


Research your competition

4 comments:

Hope said...

wow. i had that mug back in the states. i gave it away along with about 7 large rubbermaid tubs of snoopy stuff. Oh, well.

Bluefrogshoes.com said...

Hi, Suzanne! I sold one of the Snoopy mugs a while back. I wrote about it on my blog, the eBay Life. Here's the link:

http://bluefrogshoes.blogspot.com/2010/07/ebay-life-score-of-day-is-snoopy-red.html

Definitely on the lookout for another one!!!

JessicaC said...

I've got one of the Red Baron mugs listed right now. I stumbled upon it at a yard sale for a NICKEL last month! I could hardly contain my excitement, but I casually handed over my nickel and calmly walked to the car, where I proceeded to squeal with joy! When I listed it Monday morning, mine was the only one at auction, so I had high hopes for it. But then someone else listed one yesterday. :-\
JessicaC

Chris the Yardsale Queen said...

One of my message board members sold a particular Snoopy item for over $1000. I doubt I will even find one, but I'm on the lookout!

When selling the Fireking mugs, make sure you allow bidders from Japan. They love their fireking mugs there!