Saturday, June 5, 2010

An International Mailing Miracle!



I had to laugh when I got this package in the mail today. I mean look at it. Completely annihilated. I mailed it July 17 2009 - almost a year ago. Where has it been and what has it been doing all this time? But somehow, the international mailing Gods have returned it to me. I love this note by the post office:



It basically says that the post office apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused and they are continually striving to improve their mailing processes. It is actually very rare for mail to get lost, and those that do usually make it back to me, but not in this condition. Don't let this scare you if you are still considering international mailing of your eBay items.

Visit my post on international shipping for eBay sellers. You can get a free trial on Stamps.com, a free postage scale (keep it or sell it on eBay), and some other goodies.

Happy Selling!




6 comments:

andreaprior said...

I hope what ever was in there was undamaged and has increased in value. You never know this could be another way to get eBay inventory!!

SunTiger said...

Well that had to have felt pretty stressful (having the package disappear). Especially when the customer claims the package did NOT arrive and you CLEARLY mailed it! I'm glad you can laugh about it. :-D

The DSRS of our lives said...

Oh My Lord Suzanne, did you you figure out why it went AWOL? Hopefully that's your next post cause now my nose is twitching with curiosity. LOL

Beth Cherkowsky
Antiquedaze

Mr.Bigfoot said...

I've had this happen before-but my favorite was getting a slip to come down to the post office to pick up a package. The I had to pay $22+ in postage just to find out it was something I shipped to England 6 months earlier. Seems the buyer had moved and they couldn't deliver. It would have been cheaper if someone just stole the package!

PortoGear said...

Oh My God You never know!

Less Than Reality said...

It is unfortunate that the package got lost and so banged up, but it does make a funny story! We send out mail at work, and occasionally we'll get return mail from over a year ago. It kind of makes you go, "What?"