Monday, February 2, 2009

Thrift Store Item to Sell on eBay - Blue Remington Hot Rollers


This tip has been around for a while, but if you are new to eBay you might not be aware of it. Gently used blue Remington hair curlers are big sellers on eBay, sometimes selling for over $80 for a set. When I first heard about these a couple of years ago, I couldn't figure out what was so special about them until I saw a lisiting with the word "pageant" in the title.

Blue Remington Tight Curls make the spiral Shirley Temple curls worn by little girls in beauty pageants. The rollers heat up fast and stay hot for a long time. Pageant Moms love these! They often come to eBay to buy them.

If you find a set at a thrift store, grab it! Even if a few rollers are missing, or the clips are not included, that is ok. The clips are available at beauty supply stores.

Here are a few completed listings for used Remington Tight Curls:


REMINGTON Tight Curls HOT ROLLERS Spiral Curlers + Pins



REMINGTON TIGHT CURL HAIRSETTER WITH CLIPS NICE

View more completed listings on eBay.

Tip: Try to fit the key word PAGEANT in your title. Other key words to include: Blue, Remingtons, spiral curls, hot rollers, hair curlers.

Click here for my free list of thrift store items to sell on eBay.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

These have been my favorites to find for a while. Everytime I find them, they sell very well.
One time I found a set and the unit didn't heat up. No problem! I sold just the blue rollers alone and got over $25.00 for them!!

Anonymous said...

I've had GREAT luck with other brands as well, especially the "older" sets from the 70's and 80's! Think Clairol HairSetter. One buyer told me that the older models get hotter than those currently on the market and that is the reason they do exceptionally well! Good luck to all!

Julie said...

Thanks for this tip-- found a set just a few days ago! Now, how hot are these supposed to get and how fast? I plugged it in, and they heated up and were hot to the touch, but not as hot as I expected them to get. (I don't use rollers, though, so who knows?) Any tips appreciated! Thanks!