Friday, July 26, 2013

eBay Changes Manufacturer's Coupon Policy




Did you know you can sell grocery coupons on eBay? Well, technically, you aren't able to sell the actual coupon, you are selling your time to find, clip, and mail the coupon for the buyer. eBay has had a pretty liberal policy for selling coupons, but recently a few things have changed due to the growing problem of grocery coupon fraud. Here are the new rules:

You may sell up to $100 or 25 valid, unexpired, original coupons per month.

You can't sell more than 25 coupons in a single listing. The allowed 25 coupons per month include multi-quantity listings.

Make sure you clearly state in your description how many coupons you're selling. If eBay can't tell how many coupons are offered, the listing violates their policy.

Coupons for "free" products: You can't sell coupons for "free" items.

Electronic "scanned" coupons: All coupons sold through eBay must be physical coupons printed on paper, not coupons that can be sent electronically to the buyer to be printed.

Read the full eBay policy here.

Now, if you aren't a coupon seller, maybe you are a coupon buyer? You don't have to be a black belt couponer to reap the benefits of using grocery coupons for either personal or business purposes. I have purchased grocery coupons online for years, and coupons were a big part of my eBay UK health and beauty business. Now, I sell a lot of groceries on Amazon, most of which are repeatable and I replenish every week. (Check out my Amazon grocery class here.)

Think about it - if you are buying the same items over and over again, and you know in advance what you will be buying because you know what sells, why not plan for those purchases by stocking up on coupons to cut your costs? I can save about $50-$100 a week on my Amazon grocery purchases by planning ahead and keeping a well-stocked coupon stash with me when I go shopping.

Let's say I sell this Jergen's Glow Moisturizer on Amazon, and I sell 10 a month. I can get the coupon below for 15 cents from the Coupon Clipper site, and it saves me $1.25 on each unit.



My net savings after I redeem the coupon is $1.10 per unit, or $11 a month. Now multiply that effect with 20-30 different items and you can see the reduction in your inventory cost. So, buy planning ahead and buying coupons for items I already know sell, I can reduce my cost.

I purchase grocery coupons from eBay or from coupon sites such as The Coupon Clippers or Select Coupon. Resources for finding inventory, and reducing inventory cost are all around you!


Related Articles:

Top 10 Grocery Clearance Items to Sell Online

How Kraft Foods Paid my Mortgage in 2012

5 Myths About Selling Groceries on Amazon













No comments: