By now, I am sure you have heard about the news social media tool known as Pinterest. Pinterest is a way to bookmark (or pin) various items you like around the net. The pins are arranged in what is called a pinboard which is basically a webpage that shows the images of the items you like. It is something like a virtual vision board. Once pinned, your Facebook friends and people you may not even know will be able to view your pinboards and see what it is you like.
Did you know you can use this new tool to promote your business? CopyBlogger recently posted many ways to use Pinterest to market your business. Here are a few ways that will help you get the word out about your eBay or Amazon business:
• Add your business URL to your profile when you create your Pinterest account.
• Feature your business name on your profile. You may even want to use your business name as your username.
• Pin lots of stuff. Do this a few at a time on a regular basis instead of pinning lots of items at one time.
• Use lots of images on your blog so you have items to pin to link to your posts.
• Pin other Pinterest users by using “@username” (example: @ebaycoach) in your descriptions.
• Like other people’s pins.
• Create seasonal boards that relate to your business or brand.
• Add the “Follow Me On Pinterest” button to your website.
These are just a few of the ideas Copyblogger has shared. To view the entire article, click here.
You can find me on Pinterest here! I'd love to see what you have been up to.
Free Marketing: 101 Low and No Cost Ways to Grow Your Business
Free Promotion of Your eBay Products
eBay Marketing Strategy - Multiple Listings for the Same Item