Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cool Paypal Hack for Printing Postage

Shipping, shipping, shipping. I've been doing a lot of shipping this week! Not just for online sales, but personal items, too. Here is a cool trick for using Paypal to ship a package that was NOT sold on eBay. The "print postage" feature on Paypal appears to only work if you can pull up a transaction on eBay. Here is a way around that.

1. Enter this link into a new window on your your browser:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

2. You will have to login to Paypal.

3. You will get this screen where you can choose UPS or USPS:



4. Then you will get this screen where you enter the recipient's info and the package info:




5. Postage amount is deducted from your Paypal account, and just print the label as normal.

Very handy this time of year! For more cool tricks, download my FREE eBay Coach Reference guide.



Download my FREE guide with all kinds of eBay how-tos

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I wish I knew about this two days ago!! I tried and tried to figure out a way to send my personal Christmas packages via Paypal but no luck, so I just waited in line and did it the old fashioned way. Luckily the line wasn't TOO long...thanks for the great info though, I am sure it will come in handy in the future.

airbornewife said...

I've printed postage for packages not purchased through ebay.. however it's a big pain. I think it's called the shipping center. This feature is WAY COOLER! thank you so very much for posting about this. thanks, Pam

Unknown said...

My folder of things I've learned from you is getting bigger by the day. This tip is such a time saver. Thank you so much

admin said...

Thank you for this great information! I missed out using this over the Christmas holidays but am so happy to have this information now! Thank you!

WhitePineLane said...

Thanks so much for this hack, Suzanne! You can print labels using USPS - but only Priority Mail or Express Mail! Today I needed to ship something media mail for my mom. I thought I remembered you saying something about a hack for how to do this; I looked back through your older posts and found it! Much appreciated!
Kim
WhitePineLane on Squidoo and eBay

Laura said...

Thank you again, this information has been helpful to me on several shipments.
Laura