Sunday, November 14, 2010

Women's Hosiery, Stockings, and Pantyhose on eBay

During a coaching session last week, I was helping a client think through what types of items she had in her home that she could sell on eBay. (Shout out to Yvonne M.!) One category we focused on was "anything new in the package." She mentioned that she had quite a few packages of pantyhose that were unopened that had accumulated over years. But who would want to buy that?

We checked on eBay and sure enough, we found that pantyhose sold in a lot is a good seller. We found this lot of pantyhose that sold for $36:



This would be an easy sell if already have them in your home. Separate by size, take a photo of the lot, and list for a set price. Shipping is easy - you could either ship in a USPS Tyvek envelope or a box. No labor intensive packaging needed as this is not a fragile item.

I often see unopened packages of pantyhose, thigh highs, and other hosiery at thrift stores for 5o cents or less. Keep your eyes out for these, accumulate several packages, and sell as a lot.

This example just goes to show how EASY it is to sell an item you already have in your home on eBay. Download my FREE eBay Reference Guide for more ideas just like this!



Download my FREE guide with all kinds of eBay how-tos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI Vintage Nylons are an even better sale. Especially Hanes. So Keep an eye out for them. I have sold just one pair of nylons for $30+ over the years. Happy Hunting

Pat said...

The elastic sometimes dries out on the vintage pantyhose even when sealed in package; then the waist is not snug (ask me how I know!). Still a great tip, but I would make sure to mention this in a listing if I were selling them.