Saturday, November 20, 2010
Flipping Craigslist Finds on eBay
I went over this with a few of my clients this week, and thought I would share.
Craigslist can be a gold mine for inventory if you check often, do your research, and act fast. People are desperate and are selling things cheap. Your eBay selling knowledge (at whatever level) will pay off here. Many people are intimidated by eBay, don't have time to learn how it works, and just settle for selling items on their local Craigslist. By snagging these items cheap, you can make much more selling them on eBay because your buying audience will be exponentially larger than the local Craigslist audience.
Here is how it works.
1. Visit Craigslist for your city or other surrounding cities.
2. Look under the FOR SALE section.
3. Browse through the categories. You will come across things you have never heard of. Do the research (Terapeak or eBay completed listings) to find out what items sell for on eBay.
A few things to look for:
Perfume, cologne, and fragrances
MLM Distributors going out of business (Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, NuSkin, Silpada Jewlery, etc.)
Shoes and boots
Sporting goods such as ski equipment, little league football equipment, skates, hunting / camping / fishing supplies, equestrian supplies (saddles, tack, clothing), martial arts sparring gear and clothing
Move out of your comfort zone and try things unknown. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new. 95% of people will retreat to their comfort zone when what they try doesn't work the first time they try it. You have to explore new territory.
1. Check often and act fast.
2. Do the research.
3. Look in categories unfamiliar to you. Then refer to #2.
4. Focus on items that are easy to ship.
5. Be safe - only meet your Craigslist trading partner inside a public place, during daylight, and take another adult with you.
6. Click here for more information on flipping Craigslist finds on eBay.