Sunday, April 25, 2010

Possible Solution for Lost International Packages


One of my clients was kind enough to mention the discount shipping insurance offered by InkFrog. You may already know that when you ship a package First Class international through USPS, Paypal, or Stamps.com, there is no option for insurance. You can only insure Priority International mail.

On Inkfrog, the shipping insurance is directly integrated into their system is a package insurance program backed by Shipsurance. The cost is $1.25 per $100 of value on your international shipment. Now, you still have to pay the $9.95 monthly fee, but this may be a solution for those of you who are looking for a way to insure First Class International packages.

If you are not an InkFrog user and don't want to pay the monthly $9.95 fee, you can go directly to ShipSurance.com and purchase the insurance there.

Related Articles:

How to Ship a Package Internationally

How to Increase Sales by Offering International Shipping

How to Sell Walmart Products on eBay UK


Happy Selling!


4 comments:

ejewelrysource said...

Great useful information. I will keep it in my mind and check out ShipSurance.com. Thank you.

Jessica said...

ShipSaver is a free application through ebay. It's the same people, but you only pay for the insurance (same prices). There is no membership fee, and you can pick and choose which packages to insure. I've been using it for several months now.

Cookie Momster said...

I saw the post about that on your facebook page. I'm so excited to now be shipping overseas!! I have nothing to lose! I spent a few minutes last night excluding all the countries that I couldn't buy insurance for and now I'm all set. Yay! And thank you!!

Paula said...

Yes, thanks to your tip about this a couple of months ago on the FB group I signed up for Shipsaver and have been insuring some of my higher priced Int. packages.
Thanks!