Sunday, April 11, 2010

Charter Club Cashmere Sweater - eBay Seller Success Story

Kristi at Spend Less Save More sent in her success story:

I have been following your blog for a few months now & love it. I wanted to share a recent success with eBay. I purchased a Charter Club Cashmere Sweater at my local Good Will. I was surprised at how high it went for because it isn't really a name brand.

Here is Kristi's listing:




Kristi's cost - $3.59
eBay selling price - $51.88
Profit before fees - $48.29

Fantastic sale! There has been some discussion on my Facebook eBay group about selling cashmere year round. In my experience, it sells any time of year. Other sellers are discovering this, too. Worst case scenario - put the cashmere sweater on a fixed price listing for 30 days - the cost is only 20 cents.

Click here to find my huge list of thrift store items that have been sold on eBay for a nice profit. Check out Thrift Store Goldmines, which contains 61 pages of items just like this. You may already have some of these huge money makers in your house, and not even know they are valuable!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'll have to repost the cashmere sweater I've been sitting on. Listed twice but no bids. Just opened a store and will put in there - really is beautiful quality. Any suggestions for a BIN price in a store? Only paid a couple bucks for it. Thanks!

Paula said...

Great price Kristi. I'm sure the size being xl really helped drive the price up too. I usually find smalls or mediums.