Wednesday, March 17, 2010

eBay Shipping Insurance


Alix sent in this question:

"I was hoping you could help me with something since I can't find any information about this on ebay. I am trying to add a shipping insurance option to all of my ebay listings. Ebay used to have it on the template, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Do you know where I can go to add shipping insurance to all of my listings (for domestic deliveries only)? Any help would be greatly appreciated."

According to the eBay Seller Best Practices Policy, "Insurance: You can't charge a separate fee for insurance, although you still need to make sure your item arrives as described. Tip: You should incorporate any insurance fees into an item's price or handling cost."

So, yes, Alix, the shipping insurance option is gone. I am guessing this is an attempt by eBay to prevent sellers from making money using unnecessary charges.

Do you have an eBay question? Feel free to email me at ebaycoach (at) yahoo. Or, post your question on my Facebook group where other sellers can help you out.

Happy Selling!




Find sloppy listings and resell the items for way more than you paid for them! Click here to see my personal examples.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Suzanne,

I have just posted on another blog about these kind of changes eBay are making, and like you so rightly stated in this post, eBay are attacking the postal section of every sellers activity, its all aimed towards upholding the DSR!

Great post....Ed