Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thrift Store Item to Sell on eBay - Bobby Jones Golf Shirts


In an earlier post, I explained how the Master's Golf Shirt has been my number one seller in the mens category. Running a close second is the Bobby Jones shirt.

Bobby Jones shirts are unique because of the golfer design on the placket. Most Bobby Jones shirts retail for over $100, many up to $175. Also, most of them are made in Italy which indicates high quality. Highest sale price will come with the larger sizes, bright colors, and specific golf course logos. If you can find a Bobby Jones with the Masters logo, you've done well!

Here are a few completed listings. All of these examples are for pre-owned or EUC shirts. These shirts can be purchased at thrift stores for $3-$4.


Men's Exclusive Bobby Jones Golf Shirt XL Mint


Bobby Jones ~ ITALY ~ polo golf shirt ~ XXL ~ Sweeet!!!


NICE BOBBY JONES GOLF SHIRT polo SUPER BLACK PATTERN L


Listing Tips:


Show a photo of the golfer design on the placket. That is a huge selling point and if you don't show it or mention it, buyers will ask.

Include the words "Made in Italy" in your title - if that is what the tag says.

Include the words "golfer placket" in the title if the shirt has the design on the placket.

Golf shirts are easy to find in thrift stores, off-price stores, and from other sources if you know where to look. I started off in the eBay business selling men's golf shirts and have sold over 10,000 of them in my career.

Click here for my free list of thrift store items to sell on eBay. Check out my Golf Shirt Bible for more information about making a profit selling golf and polo style shirts on eBay.




3 comments:

Anissa.Lynette said...

I was just at the North Fulton Goodwill yesterday. I didn't find any Bobby Jones shirts. You must have bought them all. LOL!!

Suzanne A. Wells said...

HA! No, I haven't been to that one in a while. The last time I went to a GW was about 2 weeks ago in Sandy Springs.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted this! I went to make my usal rounds at my fav stores and found two of these Bobby Jones shirts. I only found size LG but I did some checking and they were still selling for around $30 and considering I paid less than $5 that is a nice profit. Thanks for shareing!