Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How to File a Mutual Withdrawal on eBay

If you haven't heard this one yet, you will. Customer emails you, "I've decided I don't want to buy this after all. Please cancel the transaction." You will still be charged the final value fees unless you take action to recover them.

You can do one of three things.

1) Do nothing and don't bother to recover your lost fees.

2) File an upaid item dispute after 7 days and your fees will be credited back to your account if the customer does not pay for the item.

3) File a mutual withdrawal. The customer must agree to this, but it is a more friendly resolution if the buyer made an honest mistake. Follow these steps:

a) Log on to your eBay seller page.
b) Click "Dispute Console."
c) Enter the item number.
d) Under "Why are you reporting this item?" Click, "We have both agreed not to complete this transaction." Answer next question about details regarding the withdrawal.
e) Buyer will receive an email from eBay asking if he/she wants to complete the withdrawal.
f) If the buyer completes the request and agrees to the withdrawal, fees are refunded immediately. You will receive an email with this information.

As long as the buyer agrees to this resolution, it is a much more amicable way to resolve the situation when a buyer has made a reasonable error in purchasing the item. Read more about how to file a mutual withdrawal.
Post a Comment