Consignment is an effective way to grow your eBay business and increase your profit without having to spend money buying more inventory or paying helpers. The benefits of consignment include:
1. Get exposure to products you may not otherwise find on your own. Consider this free education! You will learn valuable information you can apply to your own business in the future by dealing with other people's merchandise.
2. Reduce risk of low DSRs and defects because of increased number of transactions. Once a seller has fallen below Top Rated Seller or standard performance level, the only way to recover is by having a larger percentage of satisfactory transactions. Consignment merchandise helps sellers "water down" defects and low DSRs.
3. Build feedback faster. The more feedback you have, the more established you will appear, and the more consignment clients you will attract.
4. Make money without spending money. You don't have to buy the inventory or hire help. Your investment is time.
5. Create a steady stream of inventory coming to you. Once you build a consignment clientele, customers will return to use your services. Your clients will like the way you help them make money!
6. Create a supply of inventory where there is little or none. If you live in an area that does not have great merchandise in thrift stores, where thrift store prices are too high, or where winter weather prevents yard sales, consignment is a convenient way to source inventory and continue making money.
7. Sell inventory in better condition than traditional sources. Sometimes the inventory in the major thrift store chains has been man-handled so much that it is beat up and not in great condition. Consignment items may come to you directly from someone's home where it is in pristine condition.
eBay used to have a Trading Assistant program that connected eBay consignment sellers with potential clients. That program was discontinued in 2013. There are millions of people out there with items to sell, who don't have the time or inclination to learn to sell on eBay, who are looking for sellers to sell their items. Also, many sellers in my Facebook Group have indicated they have huge stockpiles of inventory and would love to find a local person to sell those items for them.
How it works
1. The directory is free for clients to access - it comes up on Google searches.
2. The directory is posted here on my website so that those seeking a consignment seller can find it quickly and easily when using internet search engines.
3. The directory is be organized by city and state. And it is ok if there are multiple sellers in the same city. Each seller will more than likely have their own pricing structure, want to work with different types of products, and be in different locations. Don't worry about fellow sellers in the same area - there are plenty of clients to go around. You may even get referrals from fellow sellers in your area who need to pass a client on to you because of the type of item, their workload, or distance.
4. Seller's name, email address, and link to eBay store or account is shown in directory. You do not need to have a store to participate.
5. Once the client contacts a seller, all of the particulars about pricing, fees, and other details. are worked out between seller and client. (So yes, your name will be on the list and will be found by Google - but so will your eBay store name - and that is good for business!)
You Reach Thousands of ProspectsI aggressively market this list on my social media channels, my blog, article sites, Facebook ads, and in my newsletter. My reach on the internet:
YouTube - 13k subscribers, 150k minutes of monthly watch time
Twitter - 12k followers
Facebook Group - 22k members (Sellers who may need your help!)
Facebook Business page - 1.3k fans and paid ads to reach thousands
About.com - 240k monthly views
eBay Coach Blog - 75k monthly views
What You Get
Cost is $50 per year. For less than the price of one Starbuck's coffee a month, you can get exposure to thousands of potential clients 24 hours a day. Clients can contact you directly about selling their items on eBay for a commission. You can be added to the directory at any time and there is no long term commitment and no pressure to renew.
New to consignment? No problem. Sellers who sign up for the directory will also receive free email support to answer your consignment questions for as long as you are listed in the directory. I am here for you whenever you have a question, need help, or want advice.
Unsolicited testimonials from other sellers. Come to my Facebook Group to chat with these sellers if you have any questions about how the directory works.
So let's work together to grow your eBay consignment business. Just click the button below to submit payment and I'll add you right away. let's connect with all those clients with great stuff to sell on eBay. Don't leave any more money on the table - start today!